The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) may impose obligations upon us regarding the collection, use, disclosure and storage of the personal information of individuals and we may be required to comply with the National Privacy Principles.
• what kind of personal information we hold; and
• why and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that personal information.
Collection of information
We collect personal information during the course of carrying on our business. Without this personal information we would be unable to conduct our business or provide services to you.
The personal information we collect includes any information relating to the provision of our services, such as the following:
• name, occupation, date of birth, gender, marital status, residential address, postal address, contact telephone number, facsimile number, email address and bank account and other financial details;
• the address of the property you are buying or selling or providing as security to a lender regarding any transaction in respect of which we act on your behalf;
• your interests in the services we provide;
• details regarding your correspondence or dealings with us or our clients; and
• details so as to comply with any applicable law (such as the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006(Cth).
Use of personal information
We may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected (and for all related purposes) which include but are not limited to:
• providing our services;
• managing our internal administrative operations, including all legal and financial matters which may be related to the conduct or the operation of our business;
• evaluating our services and our performance;
• for research purposes;
• in tailoring the way in which we deal with prospective or future clients; and
• in compliance with any applicable law (such as the Settlement Agents Act 1981 (WA) and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
If your personal information is provided to us by someone other than you we will inform you that we have obtained your personal information unless we consider that you know or you would expect us to have obtained the information.
Disclosure of personal Information
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected (and for all related purposes) which include but are not limited to:
• Any party involved in any transaction in respect of which we act on your behalf;
• Any party who purports to represent you in any transaction in respect of which we act on your behalf;
• Any party who you purport to represent in any transaction in respect of which we act on their behalf;
• Any party we engage or employ to assist or advise us in providing any of our services (including any of our legal, financial, administrative or other advisers);
• Any party including any government department, body, authority or any court or tribunal if we are required or permitted to do so by law or in compliance with any of our professional obligations; and
• Any party with your consent.
Storage of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information which we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may retain all personal information which we are required to retain for all legal and financial purposes (this may include details to enable us to verify transactions and clients).
We may collect your personal information so that we may provide you with information in respect of the services we offer and to provide people who refer business to us with information regarding our services and our performance to our clients in providing those services.
When you visit our website, we may collect your email address, your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you viewed and any information you downloaded.
Access and correction
You may request access at any time to any of the personal information we hold about you. We may charge you a fee where access is provided and we may refuse to provide access if we are permitted to do so by law.
If you advise us that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date then we may upon being advised in writing by you take reasonable steps to correct the personal information we hold so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Queries and complaints
Licensee: Stephen Rowles
Further information regarding the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) may be found at the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website which is located at http://www.privacy.gov.au